- Beat soft butter with sugar and vanilla powder.
- Blend in eggs one after another and mix well each time.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until thick and creamy.
- Grease a baking pan (26-28 cm (=10-11 inch)). Spread dough over the bottom of the baking pan.
- Halve and pit plums. Cover dough with plum halves.
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F. Bake cake for about an hour. If the surface gets too brown, cover with aluminium foil.
- Allow to cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey