- Peel potatoes and cook in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Wash tomatoes, cut into halves, remove seeds and coat with flour. Heat oil or butter in a pan. Place tomato halves in the pan, flat side down first. Flip over and cook the skin-side.
- Finely chop onions. Clean and quarter mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté shortly. Stir in sour cream and heat up (don’t boil!). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes and tomatoes on serving plates. Cover with onion-mushroom-sauce and serve.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey