- Hard boil the eggs, cool them using cold water and remove the shells. Cut the flat end off and carefully remove the yolk. Put egg yolks in a bowl and mash with a folk.
- Clean onions and mushrooms. Chop finely. Save a couple of longer mushroom pieces to make matryoshka’s hair later.
- Clean red pepper, remove seeds and membranes. Save 6 big pieces for matryoshkas’ headscarves and 6 small pieces to make the lips. Chop the rest finely.
- Chop cooked ham finely.
- Melt butter in a preheated pan. Sauté onions, mushrooms, red pepper and cooked ham until tender.
- Add into the bowl with mashed egg yolks and mix well together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully stuff the mixture into the egg whites. Don’t let the "skins" tear!
- Place stuffed eggs on a plate and decorate as matryoshkas. Use black peppercorns as eyes, big red pepper pieces as headscarves, small red pepper pieces as lips and mushroom pieces as hair.
- For specials occasions use caviar as eyes.
- Use gelatine or raw egg white to attach the decoration.
- Use pieces of white or red cabbage leaves as headscarves.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey