- Soak peas in cold water for 10-12 hours. Drain.
- Bring 1.5 litre water to boil, add smoked meat, bring to boil again and reduce heat.
- Add peas and simmer for about one and a half hours on low heat until peas are ready.
- Clean and chop green onions.
- Preheat a pan, fry bacon pieces until crisp. Add chopped green onions and sauté shortly.
- Add bacon pieces and green onions to the soup and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey