Fish Hamburger with Cauliflower and Mashed Potatoes
In Russian cuisine, there are a wide variety of fish recipes. Fish balls are a great choice for children and even people who don't eat much fish. These fish balls are easy to cook and can be made from different types of fish such as halibut, perch or salmon. One can also add finely chopped fresh herbs into the fish paste.
|For fish hamburger|
|500 g (=1.1 lb)||fish fillets (e.g. halibut)|
|150 g (=5 oz)||butter for frying|
|1/2 bunch||green (spring) onions|
|2 tbsp||vegetable oil for frying|
- Finely chop onions and sauté until translucent.
- Grind fish fillets in a food processor. Add onions and breadcrumbs and grind everything once again. Add egg, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Melt butter in a pan. Form fish hamburger and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets and cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Clean green onions and chop finely.
- Preheat a pan, add vegetable oil and sauté green onions shortly. Add cauliflower and sear for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mashed potatoes can be served together with or instead of cauliflower.
Tip: Mashed potatoes taste better if made with hot milk.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey
Cabbage - cooking tipps and recipes.
Russian Easter Feast - Russian Easter recipes