In this recipe, white asparagus, which is rather unusual for the Russian cuisine, is combined with such popular and common ingredients as strawberries and mushrooms. Walnut oil and wine vinegar give the salad a refined touch and make it a delicious appetizer for special occasions.
|500 g (=1.1 lb)||asparagus|
|250 g (=0.5 lb)||strawberries|
|100 g (=3.5 oz)||mushrooms|
|2 tbsp||walnut oil|
|2 tbsp||sunflower oil|
|2 tbsp||wine vinegar|
|2 tbsp||apple juice (unfiltered)|
|2 tbsp||almond slivers|
- Peel asparagus. Bring water to boil, add salt, sugar and some butter. Cook asparagus until tender, drain and cut into 5 cm pieces.
- Clean mushrooms and cut into pieces. Melt butter in a pan, sauté mushrooms and allow to cool.
- Wash and quarter strawberries.
- Blend together vinegar, apple juice, both oils and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus, mushrooms and strawberries on the plates. Pour the dressing over the salad. Garnish with roasted almond slivers and serve.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey