Meat fans will love this salad. Like the famous Russian dish "beef stroganoff" it is made of strips of beef filet and onions sautéed in a sour cream sauce. Spring onions and peppers give the salad a fresh touch. The original recipe for the beef stew was invented at the end of the 19th century and named after Count Alexander Stroganov.
|400 g (= 14 oz)||cooked beef|
|250 g (= 8,8 oz)||mushrooms|
|1/2 bunch||green (spring) onions|
|1||red sweet pepper|
|For the dressing|
|100 ml (=1/2 cup)||sour cream|
|1 tbsp||horseradish (from a jar)|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice (freshly pressed)|
|green salad leaves|
|2||hard boiled eggs|
- Clean mushrooms and green onions. Wash red pepper and remove seeds and membranes. Quarter mushrooms, finely chop green onions and red pepper.
- Preheat a pan. Add oil and sauté green onions and mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and sauté for another 3 minutes. Put everything in a bowl and allow to cool.
- Cut cooked beef into thin stripes. Combine with vegetables in the bowl.
- Wisk together sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Serve Stroganoff salad on plates decorated with greed salad leaves and pieces of hard boiled eggs.
Salads and Appetizers
Recipes for Russian salads, Mushroom Caviar, Russian eggs, etc.
Soups and stews
Borsch, Solyanka, Shchi and more recipes.
Recipes for Russian pancakes (bliny), pelmeni, fish and meat recipes.
Grilling and BBQ
Shashlik recipes for Caucasian style barbecue.
Recipes for Russian pierogi, Vatrushki, an apple pie and cakes
Recipes for Kwaß and Cranberry Water with Honey